STATUE OF DUKE OF NORTHUMBERLAND, SOUTH OF MASTER MARINERS' HOMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1025357
Date first listed:
19-Feb-1986
Statutory Address:
STATUE OF DUKE OF NORTHUMBERLAND, SOUTH OF MASTER MARINERS' HOMES, TYNEMOUTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STATUE OF DUKE OF NORTHUMBERLAND, SOUTH OF MASTER MARINERS' HOMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025357 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 03:18:33.

Location

Statutory Address:
STATUE OF DUKE OF NORTHUMBERLAND, SOUTH OF MASTER MARINERS' HOMES, TYNEMOUTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
North Tyneside (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 36466 69063

Details

TYNEMOUTH TYNEMOUTH ROAD (north side) NZ 36 NE Tynemouth 8/130 Statue of Duke of Northumberland, south of Master Mariners' Homes. G.V. II Statue. Circa 1839-41. Begun by C. Tate (died March 1841); completed by R.G.Davies. Sandstone figure of robed Duke on tapered square pedestal on corniced plinth with sloped coping. NORTHUMBERLAND inscribed above bronze plaque commemorating centenary of Tyne Mariners' Benevolent Institution, unveiled 11 September 1937. Source: Latimer Local Records 1832-1857 Newcastle 1857 pp 118 and 138

Listing NGR: NZ3646669063

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
303378
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Latimer, Local Records 1832-1857, (1857)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01033/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs J.H. Black. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].