CULLERCOATS WATCH CLUB HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1025361
Date first listed:
14-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
CULLERCOATS WATCH CLUB HOUSE, VICTORIA CRESCENT

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1025361.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Oct-2020 at 05:48:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
CULLERCOATS WATCH CLUB HOUSE, VICTORIA CRESCENT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
North Tyneside (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
NZ 36400 71402

Details

TYNEMOUTH VICTORIA CRESCENT (east side) NZ 37 SE Cullercoats 5/141 14.2.85 Cullercoats Watch Club House G.V. II Look-out house, now club. 1877-79 by F. W. Rich for Cullercoats Life Brigade. Roughly squared sandstone with rock-faced quoins and dressings; wood verandah; plain-tiled roof. Shingled belfry with balustrade. One-storey, one-bay gable end to street and set-back corner porch at left; rear polygonal. Boarded door in porch under catslide roof; 4-x 3-light stone-mullioned square-headed window under gable has 2 stone and one wood transoms. Casements with glazing bars in back verandah which has turned posts supporting catslide hipped roof. Clock turret, in right return, has tall octagonal roof. Historical note: Cullercoats Life Brigade was the second to be formed, immediately after that at Tynemouth on 5th December 1864. Source:"Cullercoats in the Old Days" lecture by Alderman Spence reported in Shields Daily News, March 1901.

Listing NGR: NZ3640071402

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
303389
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00861/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs J.H. Black. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].