CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1029028

Date first listed: 24-Jul-1954

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1029028 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 11:35:44.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Surrey

District: Reigate and Banstead (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 25471 59641

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 25NE HIGH STREET 4/8 (South Side) Banstead 24.7.54 Church of All Saints (Formerly listed under General) GV II*

Church. Late C12 and early C13, restored in 1861 by G E Street. Knapped flint with stone dressings and plain tile roof. 5 bay aisled nave with north and south chapels to 3 bay chancel; west tower and north and south porches, north east vestry. Two stage tower with set back buttresses and shingled broach spire, latter with weathervane, gilt clock to 3 faces. Nave with leaded dormers under hipped roofs and gabled timber porches; north door oak. North chancel chapel with Cl5 window in east end; south chancel chapel rendered and restored by the Lambert family in late C19. INTERIOR: Nave arcade of two bays on octagonal piers with blocked-out crocket capitals. Chancel chapels of two bays, octagonal piers; with northern pier with alternating flat and hollow sides. Tower and chancel arch with slight chamfers. Octagonal perpendicular font with traceried panels on plinth. Monuments include tablet in nave east wall to Paul Tracey died 1618, Mrs Elizabeth Till died 1748: Rococo cartouche on south aisle wall with brackets and pilasters to either side. Nicholas Lambert died 1755: pilastered aedicular type hanging with garland in the predella. Wilmot Lambert died 1815: Grecian monument with rising female figure. PEVNSER: Buildings of England: SURREY 1971 Penguin. pp 102-3.

Listing NGR: TQ2547159641

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 289509

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Nairn, I Rev. by Cherry, The Buildings of England: Surrey, (1971), 102-103

End of official listing