BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1030829

Date first listed: 16-Mar-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 25-Oct-1984

Statutory Address: BARN

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030829 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Apr-2019 at 03:20:45.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)

Parish: Campsey Ash

National Grid Reference: TM 31822 54473

Details

CAMPSEY ASH THE PRIORY (SITE OF) TM 35 SW 4/21 Barn 16.3.66 (Formerly listed as Abbey ruins) GV II Barn. The west range of the claustral buildings of the church for the Nuns of the Augustinian Priory founded c.1195 by Theobald de Valeins. Converted to barn possibly in late C17. Remodelled C20 5 bays. Random stone and flint with hipped, thatched roof. Cart doorway with depressed 4 centred archway in red brick. Small doorway with 2 centred pointed moulded arch and jambs in stone: blocked with red brick. C20 high level fixed light to east end. The east end has diagonal buttresses. See item Abbey House for Sources giving fuller description and excavations. Part of Scheduled A.M.

Listing NGR: TM3182254473

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 285194

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing