CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1030929

Date first listed: 16-Mar-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1030929 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 20:22:10.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal (District Authority)

Parish: Hemley

National Grid Reference: TM 28552 42352

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TM 24 SE HEMLEY CHURCH LANE

3/1 CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS 16.3.66

II*

Parish Church. Tower late C15; original nave and chancel C14, were totally rebuilt c.1889 by F. Barnes reusing the old materials. The walls are of rubble and portland cement faced externally with flint, stone and septaria; the south porch is of oak. Nave chancel and porch roofed with plain tiles. The tower is of red brick with diamond diaper pattern of dark headers; also diagonal stepped buttresses to west front and right angled buttresses at rear. On the south side of the tower the bell chamber stair are expressed by a projecting enclosure. The south doorway is C14 with moulded ogee arch. The nave has a king post roof and the chancel a wagon roof. Both are part of the 1889 rebuilding. The font c.C13-C14 has square bowl supported on a central pillar and 4 pillars at the corners on a cushion shaped base. There is a Jacobean communion table. The stained glass window was rescued from the earlier church and rebuilt into the south wall of the chancel. On the north wall of the nave there is the Royal Arms of George III. Grade II* for tower.



Listing NGR: TM2855242352

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 285028

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing