COACH HOUSE AND BARN NORTH WEST OF UPPER HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1033273
Date first listed:
26-Mar-1968
Statutory Address:
COACH HOUSE AND BARN NORTH WEST OF UPPER HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of COACH HOUSE AND BARN NORTH WEST OF UPPER HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1033273.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2019 at 02:35:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
COACH HOUSE AND BARN NORTH WEST OF UPPER HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Madeley
National Grid Reference:
SJ 69473 04205

Details

MADELEY CHURCH STREET 1. 5362 Coach House and Barn north- west of Upper House SJ 6904SW 11/473 26.3.68

II GV

2. Circa C17 barn, much altered. Long timber-framed range with red brick infill panels on sandstone plinth. Plain tile roof with gabled ends. Three gables on road front, each with C19 pointed arch window with cast-iron lattice grille. Cart entrance through west end. East end has C18 brick coach house wing at right angles, with arcaded east side with keystones and tablet with date 1765. Plaque on front of barn states "King Charles II hid in this barn 5 September 1651". Used as a local market in C18.

Listing NGR: SJ6947304205

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
362326
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09680/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Ruth Walmsley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].