CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1034975

Date first listed: 11-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, ATTLEBOROUGH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1034975 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 17:24:11.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, ATTLEBOROUGH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Warwickshire

District: Nuneaton and Bedworth (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 37000 90861

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NUNEATON AND BEDWORTH ATTLEBOROUGH ROAD SP39SE (East side) Attleborough 2/33 Church of the Holy Trinity GV II

Church. 1842. Designed by T.L. Walker. English bond brick. Slate roof has stone-coped gable parapets. Nave, apse, south west tower. Gothic Revival lancet style. 7 bays. Semi-circular apse has 2 pilaster strips and 3 lancets with brick hood moulds and stone head stops. Corbel table between pilaster strips and buttresses throughout. Nave has small east door in south corner. Thin closely-set buttresses. 6 windows to north and south have sill course. South west plank door. West front has stepped triple lancets; hood mould continues as string course. Small lancet below and to left. West window and tower west door have stone shafts and roll mouldings. Tower of 2 stages has angle buttresses of 3 offsets. Small lancet above door. Small blind north window; large south window. String course. Second stage has pilaster strip and angle piers. Narrow bell openings have louvres. All openings have stone head stops. Upper part of parapet and stone octagonal spire are C20. Interior is plastered. Apse windows have continuous hood mould. Stepped triple arches to nave have slender shafts. Nave has queen post roof with struts and wall posts on head corbels, ceiled above collar beam. Deep west gallery on 2 shafts. Fittings: C19 encaustic tile flooring. Octagonal font of 1901 has clustered shafts. The church was 'given by the principal landowners and inhabitants of the densely populated parish of Nuneaton' and cost 2,629 pounds. The site was provided by the Earl of Harrowby. (VCH: Warwickshire, Vol IV, p165; Buildings of England, Warwickshire, p78-79; Kelly's Directory of Warwickshire, 1894, p25)

Listing NGR: SP3700090861

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 308571

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, AH, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Warwick, (1947), 165
Pevsner, N, Wedgwood, A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire, (1966), 78-79
'Kellys Directory' in Warwickshire, (1894), 25

End of official listing