CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1039247
Date first listed:
02-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1039247.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 00:15:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
South Staffordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Acton Trussell and Bednall
National Grid Reference:
SJ 95490 17828

Details

SJ 91 NE ACTON TRUSSELL, BEDNALL BEDNALL AND TEDDESLEY HAY C.P.

4/11 Church of All Saints -

GV II

Chapel-of-ease. 1846. By H. Ward with addition and alterations of 1873. Chisel dressed ashlar; shaped tile roofs with coped verges on shaped kneelers. South-west tower with diagonal buttresses; 5-bay nave with 3-bay south-east aisle, single-bay chancel, north-east vestry; late C13 Gothic style. South-west tower: 3 stages marked by strings, ball flower ornamented band with stone steeple above of c.1873; first stage has pointed south doorway with nook shafts and roll and fillet moulded arch, small rectangular loop to west side; second stage has circular clocks to each side with hood moulds terminating in heads; paired belfry openings with banded nook shafts, single trefoil headed lights within pointed arches; quarter round stair turret to north-west corner with pointed door. Nave and south aisle; lancet windows with hood moulds terminating in heads, pointed west window of 3 lights with Geometrical tracery and hood mould terminating in heads; nave has angle buttresses, south aisle has diagonal buttresses and a central pointed doorway. Chancel: East window has cusped intersecting tracery incorporating Geometrical tracery and a hood mould terminating in heads. Vestry: Pointed door to east, lancet to north. Interior: Pointed nave arcade of 2 roll and fillet moulded orders springing from quadrilobe columns also with fillet, and water holding bases and moulded capitals; pointed chancel arch; nave roof of braced secondary rafters supporting a collar with braced king-posts above, 2 pairs of purlins and a plank ridge; chancel roof has arch braces crossed near the apex. Fittings: Circular stone font with moulded base and basin with panelled sides and nook shafts; hexagonal stone pulpit with dog-tooth ornament around the top. Stained glass: Good west window of 1894, east window 1862, three windows to the north late C19.

Listing NGR: SJ9549017828

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
271659
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/02904/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr GW Tanner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].