NOS 15 TO 19, WITH BACKYARD WALLS AND OUTBUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1041384

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: NOS 15 TO 19, WITH BACKYARD WALLS AND OUTBUILDINGS, 15-19, FIRST ROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of NOS 15 TO 19, WITH BACKYARD WALLS AND OUTBUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1041384 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 11:54:03.

Location

Statutory Address: NOS 15 TO 19, WITH BACKYARD WALLS AND OUTBUILDINGS, 15-19, FIRST ROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Northumberland (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ashington

National Grid Reference: NZ 26309 87769

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASHINGTON FIRST ROW NZ 28 NE

2/23 Nos. 15 - 19 consecutive, with backyard walls and outbuildings GV II



Terrace of cottages, c.1870 by the Ashington Coal Company. Brick in English Garden Wall Bond 1 and 3, with painted stone sills and lintels; Welsh slate roofs. 2 storeys, each cottage 2 bays. Renewed doors, those of Nos. 17 - 19 with overlights. Windows mostly 4-pane sashes; No. 15 has paired ground-floor windows, Nos. 16 and 18 ground-floor windows altered. Banded ridge stacks. Backyard walls with boarded hatches and yard doors, and attached outbuildings.

The least altered of the original miners' rows of Ashington; the Coal Company built 300 houses between c.1855 and 1878.

Listing NGR: NZ2630987769

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 235894

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing