Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1049801

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: IVY LODGE, LODGE HILL


Ordnance survey map of IVY LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1049801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 15:18:42.


Statutory Address: IVY LODGE, LODGE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Upper Sheringham

National Grid Reference: TG 13981 41021


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.



4/124 Ivy Lodge


Lodge cottage ornee to Sheringham Hall qv 4/115 dated 1905 but early C19, altered 1905. Brick and pebble dash, plain tiles. 2 bays with a circular forward wing to left. 2 storeys, ground floor of brick, first floor rendered with pebble dash. Central lean-to glazed wooden proch, door to left hand return, splat balusters to front. Decorative platband. Casement windows with rectangular leaded panes, 1 of 2 lights to ground floor, small 2-light window to upper floor. Circular wing: dentil platband, upper floor with vertical timber affixed studs and timber lozenges in panels below windows; plaque inscribed 1905/HMU (Henry Morris Upcher); 3 2-light cross windows to ground floor, 3 2-light windows to first floor, all with leaded panes; conical plain tiled roof having wide overhanging eaves ending in elaborate finial. Square axial stack with decorative brick work to roof behind circular wing. Left gable to south-east with flint plinth, shaped bargeboards, 2-light casement to ground floor, 3-light casement to first floor. Rear: outshut of 1½ storeys. Cross wing to north-west gable has 3-light window and flint plinth. Low outshut to north-east. Single storey thatched lodge to same plan shown in Red Book of Sheringham Hall by H. Repton; lodge to same plan marked on 1838 Tithe Commutation map; cottage rebuilt with 2 storeys 1905 after fire. _

Listing NGR: TG1398141021


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 224654

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing