WELDON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ATTACHED SCHOOLROOM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1051683
Date first listed:
06-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
WELDON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ATTACHED SCHOOLROOM, CHAPEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WELDON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ATTACHED SCHOOLROOM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1051683 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 15:59:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
WELDON CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH AND ATTACHED SCHOOLROOM, CHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Corby (District Authority)
Parish:
Weldon
National Grid Reference:
SP 92408 89658

Details

SP9289 16/174

WELDON CHAPEL ROAD (South side) Weldon Congregational Church and attached school room

II

Congregational chapel. 1792, gallery added 1808. Limestone ashlar with Collyweston slate roof. Single-unit chapel with vestibule and gallery. Central arch-head window with keystone and renewed Gothic glazing bars flanked by 2 similar arch-head door openings, one now blocked. Ashlar gable parapets with truncated stack at end. Right gable has similar arch-head window. Right gable has 2 square-head windows. Mid C19 single storey school room and vestry in similar style is attached to left. Interior has panelled gallery front and monument to John Phillips, died 1837, is casket shaped marble tablet.



Listing NGR: SP9240889658

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
229956
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/05653/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Rockett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].