RADFORD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1052813
Date first listed:
27-Aug-1957
Statutory Address:
RADFORD HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of RADFORD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052813 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 00:34:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
RADFORD HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Enstone
National Grid Reference:
SP 40996 24110

Details

ENSTONE RADFORD SP42SW 9/68 Radford House 27/08/57

GV II

Substantial house. Mid C17, extended C20. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings and some wooden lintels; Stonesfield-slate roofs with rendered gable stacks. L plan. 2 storeys plus attic. Double-gabled 2-window front has aligned stone-mullioned windows of 4, 3 and 2 lights, all with labels, and has a contemporary oak 6-panel door set to left of centre below a C20 canopy. Rear wing returns from left and has 2 casements at each floor plus a large stepped chimney projection on the gable wall. Stair projection in angle of ranges. Single-storey C20 extension to right of main range. Interior: intersecting stop-chamfered beams; stone bolection-mould fireplace with moulded mantel (c.1700); C17 and C18 doors. Butt-purlin roof structure includes re-used smoke-blackened timbers of a late-medieval roof with an arch-braced collar truss.

Listing NGR: SP4099624110

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253249
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/09078/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr J. B. Moseley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].