This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE STAR INN AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE STAR INN AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS

List entry Number: 1052851

Location

THE STAR INN AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDINGS, MARKET PLACE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Oxfordshire

District: West Oxfordshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Woodstock

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Jul-1988

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 253134

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WOODSTOCK MARKET PLACE SP4416NW (North side) 9/142 The Star Inn and attached 18/10/49 outbuildings (Formerly listed as Star Hotel and under Market Street) GV II House, now inn. Late C17; front block rebuilt c.1800. Coursed limestone rubble; stuccoed front above ground floor. Gabled stone slate roof with concrete tiles to rear; brick end stacks. L-plan with rear left wing. 3 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Wrought-iron scrolled brackets support flat hood over C20 central door with overlight. Flat stone arches over ground-floor 6-pane sashes, and flat rendered arches over similar horned and unhorned sashes above. 3-storey stair-turret to rear. C17 two-storey rear left wing of similar materials; eaves heightened c.1800, with end stack of stone finished in brick and tripartite and 6-pane sashes. C18 L-shaped one-storey outbuildings, former stables and coachhouses, attached to rear and partly enclosing yard: of limestone rubble with gabled artificial stone slate roofs and through-entry to left. Interior: stop-chamfered beams to rear left; winder stairs rise to attic.

Listing NGR: SP4443716766

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 44437 16766

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1052851 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2017 at 04:16:26.

End of official listing