BROADWELL MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1053549
Date first listed:
12-Sep-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
04-May-1989
Statutory Address:
BROADWELL MANOR, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROADWELL MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1053549.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 07:17:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
BROADWELL MANOR, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
West Oxfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Broadwell
National Grid Reference:
SP 25174 04191

Details

SP2404-2504 BROADWELL VILLAGE STREET (West side) 8/128 Broadwell Manor 12/09/55 (Formerly listed as Broadwell Manor Farmhouse)

GV II House. 1804 by Richard Pace of Lechlade. Built for Mr. Larges, agent to William Hervey of Bradwell Grove. Coursed rubble limestone, the front squared and coursed with some ashlar dressings. Hipped stone slate roof with rebuilt ashlar and concrete chimneys. Square plan of 3 x 3 bays, with later extensions at north-west corner. 2 storeys and attic. Front has plinth, band courses and chamfered quoins. Centre bay is slightly advanced, with moulded cornice and shaped pediment. 4-pane sash windows with flat stone arches; similar C20 sashes in large hipped dormers; blind and painted lunette in pediment. Central double glazed doors in porch with tented lead roof. Porch is of ornamental lattice work, formerly wooden, but renewed C20 in metal. Right side, facing churchyard, has 3 bays of 3-light wooden casements with Tudor hoodmoulds and arched glazing bars to top lights. Upper left window is blind and painted. Single-storey lean-to to right with C20 4-light barred wooden casement. (Illustrated and dated on Richard Pace's Trade card, Bodleian Library, M.S. Eng. Hist. c.298)

Listing NGR: SP2517404191

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
253442
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].