SUMMERHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 110 METRES SOUTH EAST OF LADY'S BRIDGE LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1054255

Date first listed: 02-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: SUMMERHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 110 METRES SOUTH EAST OF LADY'S BRIDGE LODGE, COES GLANYRAFON

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUMMERHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 110 METRES SOUTH EAST OF LADY'S BRIDGE LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054255 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:36:37.

Location

Statutory Address: SUMMERHOUSE APPROXIMATELY 110 METRES SOUTH EAST OF LADY'S BRIDGE LODGE, COES GLANYRAFON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Martin's

National Grid Reference: SJ3092337576

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST. MARTIN'S C.P. SJ 33 NW 2/13

COED GLANYRAFON Summerhouse approx. 110m south-east of Lady's Bridge Lodge. II

Summerhouse. Probably c.1808-12 for Charlotte, Lady Dungannon. Red brick with sandstone ashlar dressings, embattled parapet and pediment concealing corrugated iron roof. Gothic style; polygonal plan. 3 pointed arches divided by brick pilasters terminating in ornamental stone finials. Embattled parapet, moulded cornice and central pediment with blind quatrefoil. According to an inscription at Brynkinalt (Clwyd) Lady Dungannon 'embellished' the associated park between c.1808-12 and it is likely that the summer- house was built as part of this scheme. Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales, Clwyd (1986) pp.112-13.

Listing NGR: SJ3092337576

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 255725

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hubbard, E, 'The Buildings of Wales' in Clwyd, (1986), 112-3

End of official listing