POWIS COAT OF ARMS IN AEDICULE ON SITE OF DEMOLISHED OLD MARKET HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054578
Date first listed:
02-Jan-1985
Statutory Address:
POWIS COAT OF ARMS IN AEDICULE ON SITE OF DEMOLISHED OLD MARKET HALL, BULL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of POWIS COAT OF ARMS IN AEDICULE ON SITE OF DEMOLISHED OLD MARKET HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054578 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 17:06:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
POWIS COAT OF ARMS IN AEDICULE ON SITE OF DEMOLISHED OLD MARKET HALL, BULL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bishop's Castle
National Grid Reference:
SO 32394 89024

Details

SO 3289 BISHOP'S CASTLE C.P. BULL STREET (south-east side) 11/19 Powis Coat of Arms in aedicule on site of demolished Old Market Hall GV II

Coat of Arms in aedicule. Circa 1775, resited in 1951. Sandstone, coursed rubble and ashlar. Round-headed blocked arch with slightly raised key and framing the Powis Coat of Arms removed from tympanum of the Old Market Hall (dem 1951). Coat of Arms with motto: "TRIA UNCTA IN UNO" and dated MDCCLXXXI. The walls and other remains of the Old Market Hall are not included.

Listing NGR: SO3239489024

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
256928
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 May 2005
Reference: IOE01/14471/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Summers. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].