FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF RUYTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1054622
Date first listed:
21-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF RUYTON HALL, OLDEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF RUYTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054622 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 10:32:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 30 METRES EAST OF RUYTON HALL, OLDEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ruyton-XI-Towns
National Grid Reference:
SJ 39103 22256

Details

RUYTON-XI-TOWNS C.P. OLDEN LANE (south SJ 32 SE side) 8/153 Former coach house - approx. 30m east of Ruyton Hall

GV II

Coach house, now garage and store. Dated 1705 with later alterations. Red brick (random bond); graded slate roof. T-plan with short gabled range to rear and lower ranges to left and right. One storey and attic with floor bands to gable ends of main range. Centre pediment with former central coach arch replaced by C20 double doors with steel lintel; semi-circular attic window has gabled eaves dormers to left and right. Ground floor has original cross windows with gauged heads to either side of pedimented break. Datestone "K/.WI./1705" above entrance and pyramidal- capped slated louvre to centre. Infilled attic windows to gable ends. Right lower range has timber frame to gable. Interior. Chamfered cross beam ceiling to ground floor. Double-purlin roof in 4 bays has brick partition between 2 left bays and 2 queen-strut trusses, right with V- struts from collar. Former coach house to Ruyton Hall (not included in this list).

Listing NGR: SJ3910322256

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
256705
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].