Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed approximately 50 metres east of Shelvock Farmhouse

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1054639
Date first listed:
21-Aug-1986
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Oct-1987
Statutory Address:
Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed approximately 50 metres east of Shelvock Farmhouse

Map

Ordnance survey map of Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed approximately 50 metres east of Shelvock Farmhouse
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1054639 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 05:15:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed approximately 50 metres east of Shelvock Farmhouse

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Ruyton-XI-Towns
National Grid Reference:
SJ 37123 24055

Details

SJ 32 SE 8/130

RUYTON-XI-TOWNS CP Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed approximately 50 metres east of Shelvock Farmhouse

(formerly listed as Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed, Shelvock Farm)

21.08.86

GV

II* Stable, mixing-house, granary and cartshed. Mid-to late C17, extended to left in 1860 (date stone). Square and coursed sandstone blocks, on plinth to C17 part, with angle quoins. Slate roof.

Stables to right, part converted to cowhouses in C20, and cartshed, tackroom, mixing-house with granary over to left. Two levels. C17 part has segmental-headed boarded doors to left, right and centre with chamfered two-light mullion window between left and centre doorways. C20 fixed-light windows to either side of right doorway. Two boarded eaves hatches to centre. C19 addition has chamfered two-light mullion windows directly below eaves and to ground floor to left and right. Segmental-headed boarded door and wider segmental-arched vehicle entry with boarded double doors between ground floor windows. Illegible date stone to left gable end said formerly to have had a C17 date. Date stone directly below eaves between two mullion windows reads "TB / MBO / 1860". Change of stonework visible to left of centre where 1860 extension was added to C17 block.

INTERIOR: C17 part has double-purlin roof in five bays with straight wind braces and mixture of collar and tie-beam trusses and raking struts from tie beams to principal rafters. C19 part retains many of its original fittings including hoist machinery, wheel and internal gantry in granary over mixing-house and stalls in stable. Shelvock Farmhouse is not included in this list.

Listing NGR: SJ3712324055

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
256682
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].