This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STABLES AND LINKING WALL ATTACHED TO SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF WOTHERTON HALL FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STABLES AND LINKING WALL ATTACHED TO SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF WOTHERTON HALL FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1055064

Location

STABLES AND LINKING WALL ATTACHED TO SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF WOTHERTON HALL FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Shropshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Chirbury with Brompton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Nov-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 257408

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHIRBURY C.P. WOTHERTON SJ 20 SE

4/83 Stables and linking - wall attached to south-west corner of Wotherton Hall Farmhouse

GV II

Stables. C.1839 with later alterations. Uncoursed limestone rubble with red brick and timber frame to rear; slate roof. Stables with granary over, incorporating 2-bay cart shelter to rear. 2 levels; segmental-headed doors to left and centre. Integral 2-bay cart shelter to rear, divided by brick partition, has long curving tension braces above with red brick infill. Short stretch of coped rubblestone wall linking stables with Wotherton Hall Farmhouse (q.v.) has segmental arch with wooden door. The farmhouse was remodelled in 1839. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SJ2832400606

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 28324 00606

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055064 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2017 at 11:26:35.

End of official listing