Heritage Category: Listed Building
List Entry Number: 1055136
Date first listed: 29-Jan-1952
Statutory Address: MYTTON HALL
The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055136 .pdf
The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.
This copy shows the entry on 21-Apr-2019 at 15:43:13.
Statutory Address: MYTTON HALL
The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.
District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference: SJ 44123 17192
BOMERE HEATH C.P. MYTTON
SJ 41 NW
5/96 Mytton Hall
Small country house. Early C19, enlarged in 1933. Rendered brick, lined as ashlar. Painted brick to left-hand side and rear. Square plan with later wing to north-east. Two and three storeys. South front: plinth, first-floor cill band, moulded cornice and blocking course, and raised panelled parapet to centre bay with Soanian caps over dies. Panelled rendered brick ridge stacks, one to left and 2 to right, and integral painted brick lateral stack to rear. 3 bays; glazing bar sashes (15-pane to ground floor), rectangular panels above ground-floor window and blind box to central first-floor window. Central door with 6 raised and fielded panels (top 2 glazed), and flanking side lights with raised and fielded panels beneath, divided by incised pilaster strips with shallow consoles supporting frieze and cornice; panelled reveals and soffit, frieze, and cornice above again. Grey sandstone ashlar Ionic porch with paired unfluted columns, unfluted antae behind, full entablature, and blocking course, raised and projecting to centre. Left-hand return front: 3 storeys. 4 bays; slightly curved glazing bar sashes with painted stone cills (16-pane to first floor with slightly segmental heads). Ground floor with flat 12-pane sashes in end bays, and shallow bow in second bay from left with tripartite glazing bar sash, pilaster strips, and frieze. 6-panelled door (lower boarded flush and upper 4 glazed) in second bay from right with radial fanlight, and doorcase consisting of unfluted quarter columns and open triangular pediment. Union fire insurance plate between first and second first-floor windows from right. Right-hand return front: 4 bays; glazing bar sashes, with panels above ground-floor windows. Circa 1933 wing at angle to rear in an early C19 style. 3 bays; glazing bar sashes. Semi-circular 2-storey porch in angle to left, corbelled out above a pair of half-glazed doors. Interior not inspected. The present occupant (January 1986) dates part of the building to 1860, but this seems unlikely to refer to any of the principal building periods.
Listing NGR: SJ4412317192
The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.
Legacy System number: 259159
Legacy System: LBS
This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.
End of official listing