SMALL STABLE AND COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF THE ISLE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055181
Date first listed:
27-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
SMALL STABLE AND COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF THE ISLE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SMALL STABLE AND COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF THE ISLE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055181 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jul-2019 at 13:21:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
SMALL STABLE AND COACH HOUSE APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES TO SOUTH WEST OF THE ISLE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bicton
National Grid Reference:
SJ 45887 16733

Details

BICTON C.P. - SJ 41 NE SJ 4588 1675 6/11 Small stable and coach house - approx. 50 metres to south- west of The Isle

GV II

Small stable and coach house. Mid-C18. Red brick with plain tile roof. One storey and loft. Plat band and parapeted gable ends. East front with blocked segmental-headed wooden cross windows to left and boarded door to right with segmental relieving arch. Left-hand corner rounded up to loft level. Left-hand gable end with boarded loft door, ground-floor segmental- headed door to right, central slatted window and pair of coach house boarded doors to left with segmental relieving arch. Included for group value. This was probably formerly the stable and coach house associated with The Old House or Home Farmhouse (q.v.). Both buildings form part of the group of farmbuildings to the south-west of The Isle (q.v.), also including a range of barns dated 1739, a further stable block and a further stable and coach house dated 1749 (none of which are included on this list).

Listing NGR: SJ4588716733

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
259071
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].