STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF HIGH HATTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1055389
Date first listed:
29-Oct-1986
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF HIGH HATTON HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF HIGH HATTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1055389 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 00:32:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES TO NORTH EAST OF HIGH HATTON HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Stanton upon Hine Heath
National Grid Reference:
SJ 60669 24916

Details

SJ 62 SW STANTON UPON HINE HIGH HATTON HEATH C.P. 10/143 Stable block approx. - 15 metres to north- east of High Hatton Hall

GV II

Farmbuildings, now stable block. Early to mid-C17, probably remodelled c.1762. Timber framed with red brick nogging on dressed red sandstone plinth, partly rebuilt in red brick; plain tile roof, hipped to north, with catslide over outshut at rear. Framing: square panels, 3 from sole plate to wall plate. Four framed bays. One storey and loft. Parapeted gable end to south with moulded stone kneelers and finial. Late C19 two-light wooden casements. Boarded stable doors. Segmental-headed boarded door in gable end to south. Interior: cambered tie-beam trusses with raking struts. The gable end to the south was probably rebuilt when High Hatton Hall (q.v.) was built (dated 1762).

Listing NGR: SJ6066924916

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260139
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/09334/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les White. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].