CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056052

Date first listed: 16-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056052 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2018 at 09:11:33.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Loppington

National Grid Reference: SJ 47199 29282

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LOPPINGTON C.P. LOPPINGTON SJ 4629-4729 15/45 Church Farmhouse - GV II Farmhouse. Circa 1664, possibly incorporating parts of an earlier building; later additions and alterations. Timber framed and small red bricks (mixed English and Flemish bonds), former material almost completely replaced by late C18 red brick; machine tile roofs with coped verges on carved stone kneelers. L-plan with hall range to right and cross- wing of 3 framed bays projecting to rear. One storey and attic with dentilled eaves cornice to hall range, 3 storeys to cross-wing with continuous floor bands. Early C19 casement-fenestration, mainly with leaded lights, 2 with segmental heads to ground floor of hall range and one to timber framed half dormer to left; one on each floor to front gable of cross-wing, those on ground and first floors segmental-headed. Entrance to far left of hall range through C17 plank and muntin door with fleur-de-lys pointed strap hinges in moulded wooden doorcase with C19 gabled hood. Prominent red brick ridge stack immediately to left at junction with cross-wing has 3 attached and rebated shafts; late C18 integral end stack to right of hall range. Large half-dormer to hall range has date "1664" on jettied bressumer which has ogee stops; carved corner brackets and V-struts from collar. Timber framed lean- to dairy with red brick infill to rear on right of hall range is probably contemporary with main house. Small C19 gabled brick wash-house to rear of cross-wing. Interior: main ground-floor room of hall range has massive chamfered cross-beam ceiling with horizontal braces to centre, partly infilled inglenook fireplace; wall with room to right timber framed. This room has timber framed back wall with C17 rectangular oak panelling to end and front walls. Panelled and plank and muntin doors with wooden latches throughout. Dog-leg staircase in cross- wing rising to attic has moulded handrail, stick balusters and pointed knobs to angles. Collar and tie beam roof to hall range and queen- post roof in 3 bays with straight windbraces to cross-wing.

Listing NGR: SJ4719829283

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 260500

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing