Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1056056

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: BLETCHLEY MANOR


Ordnance survey map of BLETCHLEY MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056056 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Mar-2019 at 04:29:12.


Statutory Address: BLETCHLEY MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Moreton Say

National Grid Reference: SJ 62198 33541



8/104 Bletchley Manor


Farmhouse. Mid-C17 with late C19 alterations and additions. Rendered timber frame with C19 planted timbers to front and rear wall refaced or rebuilt in painted brick. Painted brick additon, with painted imitation framing to front. 3-span plain tile roof with gables to front. Two C17 parallel ranges of 2 framed bays with later addition to south-west. 2 storeys and attic with addition of 2 storeys. North-west front: brick stack in left-hand valley, brick end stack to central range and right-hand addition with 2 external lateral brick stacks. 3-window front; C18 glazing bar sashes to left with exposed boxes; 3-light wooden attic casements. Right-hand addition with first-floor wooden cross window and ground-floor 6-pane sash. Central C19 half-glazed door (2 flush panels and 9-panes) with moulded architrave and C19 gabled timber framed porch. Left-hand return front: c.1700 ground-and first- floor leaded wooden cross windows. Attached outbuilding (now garage) with large tapered square external brick end stack. Interior: exposed square-panel framing (first floor) with short corner braces and wattle and daub infill (horsehair and straw). Many surviving mid-to late C17 fixtures and fittings. Left-hand ground-floor front room has C17 or C17-style oak panelling with moulded cornice, moulded beam, and fireplace with bolection-moulded surround and moulded cornice. Door with 7 raised and fielded panels and H-L hinges. Ground-floor left-hand rear room with deep-chamfered beam. Late C17 staircase with closed string, large turned balusters,moulded handrail and square newel post. Left-hand first-floor front room with painted C17 panelling, chamfered beam, and fireplace with bolection-moulded surround and moulded cornice. Of two-bay roofs with single purlins, straight wind braces and doorways with chamfered reveals. C17 and C18 panelled doors and old oak boards throughout. Heraldic stained glass, Hill and Forster, 1639.

Listing NGR: SJ6219833541


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 260409

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing