This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MORTUARY, IN CHURCHYARD 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF, CHURCH OF ST JOHN EVANGELIST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MORTUARY, IN CHURCHYARD 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF, CHURCH OF ST JOHN EVANGELIST

List entry Number: 1056314

Location

MORTUARY, IN CHURCHYARD 30 METRES NORTH WEST OF, CHURCH OF ST JOHN EVANGELIST, BATHWELL LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Milborne Port

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Feb-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 261849

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST6718 MILBORNE PORT CP BATHWELL LANE (East side)

12/113 Mortuary, in churchyard 30 metres North-West of, Church of St John Evanglist



GV II

Mortuary. Probably 1869, and if so designed by Henry Hall. Local stone coursed rubble, ashlar dressings; plain clay tile roof with bands of fish scale tiles, gabled on all four faces. Square plan, single storey. West elevation has 4-centre arch, posibly C18, under square label, flanked by two C15 statue niches with canopies; to gable over a circular window and also a sculpted head. South wall has a window in a C12 style and circular window in gable, the latter seems a re-use: similar circular window to East gable, and one of a different pattern in North gable. This building was formed from materials and fragments of the old nave, demolished 1867-69. (E.D.B Guide to the Parish Church of Milborne Port, 1971).

Listing NGR: ST6760018562

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Parish Church of Milborne Port Church Guide, (1971)

National Grid Reference: ST 67597 18564

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1056314 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2018 at 12:03:56.

End of official listing