This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

GLEBE COURT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: GLEBE COURT

List entry Number: 1060427

Location

GLEBE COURT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane

District Type: District Authority

Parish: West Monkton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Feb-1955

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 270759

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST22NE WEST MONKTON CP WEST MONKTON VILLAGE

6/215 Glebe Court

25.2.55

GV II

Rectory, now dwelling. Circa 1783, altered mid C19 and early C20, Rendered over rubble, painted rubble and brick service wings, mansard slate roof with coped verges to gabled North elevation, bead moulded cornice, brick stacks North front and North West wing, entrance East elevation, East front: 2 storeys and attic, 1:3 bays; three square headed 6 pane dormer sash windows, lower independently roofed, hipped service wing left, all 12 pane sash windows above central entrance, C20 door and early C20 flat roofed wooden pentice porch carried on shaped console brackets with pilasters and swags in frieze South front: 4 bays, mid C19 blind boxes to ground floor sash windows without glazing bars, abutting one bay North West wing, hipped roof with brick stack, 12-pane sash windows first floor 15-pane below, West front: 5:1 bays. Interior not sighted, panelled shutters to ground floor windows. This was built as the rectory circa 1783 and was sold 150 years later when the building formerly known as Court House became the rectory (qv). (M E Roynan, The Church of St Augustine of Canterbury, West Monkton, 1982).

Listing NGR: ST2633928420

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Roynan, M E , Church of St Augustine of Canterbury West Monkton, (1982)

National Grid Reference: ST 26341 28415

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1060427 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 11:56:28.

End of official listing