SLEAFORD RAILWAY STATION

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1062114

Date first listed: 10-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: SLEAFORD RAILWAY STATION, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SLEAFORD RAILWAY STATION
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1062114 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 14:12:34.

Location

Statutory Address: SLEAFORD RAILWAY STATION, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Sleaford

National Grid Reference: TF 06794 45427

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5312 STATION ROAD (South side) --------------- TF 0645 - 0745 2/112A Sleaford Railway Station

II GV

2. Railway station. Built 1857 for the Boston, Sleaford and Midland Counties Railway, extended 1882 for the Great Northern and Great Eastern Joint Railway. Coursed rubble, and brick with ashlar and brick dressings. Slate roofs. Entrance front has central recessed 4 bay, 1 1/2 storey original building in stone with ashlar coped gables and kneelers. A single ashlar gable, a single brick gable and a single ashlar ridge stack . Ashlar quoins and plinth. The former off centre entrance bay is slightly advanced with a plain sash in a chamfered surround with Tudor hood, above a 2 light chamfered mullion window with original patterned glazing in a through eaves gabled dormer decorated with 3 ornate finials. Either side is a single 2 light chamfered mullion window with original patterned glazing and Tudor hoods, above are single similar 2 light windows in through eaves gabled dormers. To the right a single slightly advanced bay with a large square bay window with plain sashes and above a 2 light chamfered mullion window with plain sashes in a through eaves gabled dormer. Either side are single storey brick additions with shallow pitched roofs with deeply overhanging eaves. They are both of 8 irregular bays. That to the right is topped by a square wooden lantern, that to the left has a single 1 1/2 storey staircase block which leads to the footbridge. Both wings are articulated with irregularly spaced glazing bar sashes and plank doors with glazing bar over-lights. The platform front has a similar earlier and taller stone central section with later brick wings, and a deep wooden canopy supported on ornate columns and brackets. This block is joined,by an enclosed wood and iron footbridge, to the waiting rooms on the western platform. These waiting rooms are of panelled wooden construction with similar all round wooden canopies supported on ornate iron columns and brackets.

Listing NGR: TF0679445427

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 191906

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing