TICKLEPENNY LOCK TF 351889

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1063048
Date first listed:
15-Apr-1985
Statutory Address:
TICKLEPENNY LOCK TF 351889, ALVINGHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TICKLEPENNY LOCK TF 351889
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063048 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 20:03:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
TICKLEPENNY LOCK TF 351889, ALVINGHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Keddington
National Grid Reference:
TF3503688942

Details

KEDDINGTON ALVINGHAM ROAD TF 38 NE (east side) 8/28 Ticklepenny Lock 15.4.85 TF 351889 II

Lock. 1767, by John Grundy. Red brick, limestone ashlar dressings, timber and some cast iron. Lock chamber walls of 4 concave brick sections on either side with timber posts, now partially intact and exposed, in between each section. Posts partly hidden by large ashlar blocks. Top of chamber walls ashlar coped. At either end the exposed timber beams survive where original lock gates hung. The end sections of embankment slope downwards to curved ends, and contained arched openings for over shoots. 3rd section to west now masked by C20 concrete road bridge which crosses lock. Small fragments of iron fixtures to lock gates remain. Navigation abandoned in 1924.

Listing NGR: TF3503688942

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195470
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/07236/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Trevor Sowray. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].