WILLOWS LOCK TF 352892

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063049

Date first listed: 15-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: WILLOWS LOCK TF 352892, SOUTH COCKERINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WILLOWS LOCK TF 352892
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063049 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 14:49:33.

Location

Statutory Address: WILLOWS LOCK TF 352892, SOUTH COCKERINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Keddington

National Grid Reference: TF3529089443

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KEDDINGTON SOUTH COCKERINGTON TF 38 NE ROAD (north side) Willows Lock 8/30 TF 352892 15.4.85 II

Lock. 1767, by John Grundy. Red brick, limestone ashlar dressings, some timber and cast iron. Lock chamber walls of 4 concave brick sections on each side with timber post between them which are partially hidden by large ashlar blocks. The tops are coped with similar ashlar blocks. At either end the exposed timber beams survive where the original lock gates would have hung, likewise some of the cast iron fittings. The end sections of the embankment slope downwards to curved ends and contained arched brick openings for over shoots. Navigation abandoned in 1924. This lock is referred to as Carrotts Lock in N Wright, A Guide to the Indus- trial Archaeology of Lincolnshire p.21.

Listing NGR: TF3529089443

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195472

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Wright, N R, A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of Lincolnshire21

End of official listing