BARN AT MANOR FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1063632

Date first listed: 06-Jun-1952

Statutory Address: BARN AT MANOR FARM, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AT MANOR FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1063632 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 00:55:46.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN AT MANOR FARM, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Belleau

National Grid Reference: TF 40254 78415

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BELLAU MAIN STREET TF 47 NW (south side) 2/5 Barn at Manor Farm 6.6.52 G.V. II

Originally the hall of a country house, now a barn. Early C16, cut down and altered C18 and C20, reroofed 1904. Red brick in English bond with ashlar dressings, slate roof. Single storey, originally 4 bay front with plinth and one remaining 3 light window with transom and 4 centred arched heads to the lights, concave moulded surround and drip mould. Another window retains the ashlar surround only and a third has a drip mould. 2 windows have brick relieving arches. The rear wall has 5 blocked segmental headed openings and to the right hand end only a chamfered ashlar eaves course survives, otherwise large C20 double doors. At the right hand end is a stepped and coped chimney stack base, and an overbuilt tumbled gable. This represents a small survival of the house of the Lords Willoughby d'Eresby which belonged to Sir Harry Vane after the Civil War. The site is moated.

Listing NGR: TF4025478415

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196071

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing