CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1064141
Date first listed:
30-Nov-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1064141 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 04:03:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Faldingworth
National Grid Reference:
TF 06636 84776

Details

TF 08 SE FALDINGWORTH CHURCH LANE

3/7 Church of 30.11.66 All Saints

II

Parish church. C14 and 1890 rebuilding by Hodgson Fowler. Coursed limestone rubble and ashlar, shingled and plain tiled roofs with stone coped gables. Western tower, nave, chancel, south porch, north aisle and vestry. The C14 2 stage tower in coursed limestone rubble has a tall ground stage with a plinth separatedfrom the belfry stage by a string course. Above is a broach spire clad in shingles. The south side of the tower has a square chamfered light with re-used cusped tracery. Above is a clock with a brass plate recording its erection in 1897. The belfry stage has 4 re-used paired C14 ogee headed lights with hood moulds and recut label stops. The west window is a C19 ogee light and above is a square light with C19 tracery. The north aisle, nave and chancel are in ashlar, and were rebuilt in C19. The west wall of the north aisle has a single light, in the north wall are 3 sets of paired lights. The vestry has further paired lights and a shouldered door. The east chancel window is of 3 lights with 3 quatrefoils over. A foundation stone dated "1890" is set beneath the window. The chancel south wall has 2 recut early C14 geometric windows with trilobe heads, trefoils, hood moulds and label stops. The south wall of the nave has a pair of 2 light C19 windows. The gabled south porch has a pointed moulded doorway without capitals. Interior. The 3 bay Cl9 north arcade has octagonal piers and abaci with double chamfered arches. The responds are engaged wall shafts. The double chamfered tower arch dies to its reveals with no capitals. The chancel arch which incorporates some medieval work has octagonal responds and capitals and a double chamfered arch. The roofs are all arch braced with decorative wind bracing. The fittings are all C19 and include choir stalls, screen, pews and pulpit. The octagonal font is decorated with quatrefoils and roses in the upper panels and is cusped on the underside. The east window has stained glass of Christ in Majesty, dedicated to Charles Cust tiled 1893.

Listing NGR: TF0663684776

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196879
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/05656/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Trevor Sowray. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].