MINT WING OF ST MARY'S HOSPTIAL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1066060

Date first listed: 02-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: MINT WING OF ST MARY'S HOSPTIAL, WINSLAND STREET W2

Map

Ordnance survey map of MINT WING OF ST MARY'S HOSPTIAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1066060 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 17:09:12.

Location

Statutory Address: MINT WING OF ST MARY'S HOSPTIAL, WINSLAND STREET W2

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 26707 81374

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2681 SE CITY OF WESTMINSTER WINSLAND STREET, W2 52/4 (north-west side off) 2.12.86 Mint wing of St Mary's Hospital GV II Multi-storey stable range, now converted to hospital use. 1878 for Great Western Railway with considerable rebuilding including resurfacing of brickwork in 1922 and conversion in 1960s. Yellow brick, ramps partly renewed in concrete. Welsh slate roof. 3 storeys ranged around an irregular courtyard. To outer walls, mainly segment-arched windows to ground and 2nd floors, C20 windows in enlarged openings to 1st floor. Interior of yard: 2 levels of originally open galleries (now glazed) connected by sloping ramps leading to stables of which the original openings mainly survive although converted to hospital use. The stables were constructed to hold approximately 600 horses to serve the main line terminal at Paddington. Included for historical interest and group value with station. London's Industrial Heritage, A Wilson,1970, p 90, illustrated on p 91.

Listing NGR: TQ2670781374

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 207686

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Wilson, A, Londons Industrial Heritage, (1970), 90

End of official listing