This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE MANOR HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE MANOR HOUSE

List entry Number: 1067635

Location

THE MANOR HOUSE, HARBOROUGH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: Daventry

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Brixworth

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 02-Nov-1954

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 360077

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SP77SE BRIXWORTH HARBOROUGH ROAD (East side) 5/89 The Manor House 02/11/54 - II

Manor House - Late C16. Lias and limestone, coursed rubble with slate roof, 2-unit, L-plan. 2 storeys with attic. Gable on front with lean-to entrance area and C20 door to right. 4-light stone mullion windows to ground and first floor and 3-light stone mullions to second floor. Rear gable similar with 2 and 3-light stone mullion windows. C19 lean-to attached. Right gable has early C19 sashes with glazing bars. Gabled roofs with ashlar gable parapets and brick and stone stacks. Interior: Drawing room, left of entrance has large C17 fireplace with 4-centred head and moulded spendrels. Winder stair- case in hall to rear of Drawing room has continuous central wooden newel to floor level, with splat balusters and moulded handrail: probably early C17. Carpenters marks on balusters. Second floor south room has C17 fireplace with 4-centred head and moulded spandrels. Reputed to date from 1580 and to have been built for the Saunders family with historical connections with Treshan family. There was probably a second flanking cross wing. (Reseach by Mrs. Fuller (owner 1984) at County Records Office).

Listing NGR: SP7502470954

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SP 75024 70954

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1067635 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 02:34:46.

End of official listing