YE OLDE FARM HOUSE, MIDDLETON TOWER HOLIDAY CAMP

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071770
Date first listed:
02-May-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Mar-1985
Statutory Address:
YE OLDE FARM HOUSE, MIDDLETON TOWER HOLIDAY CAMP

Map

Ordnance survey map of YE OLDE FARM HOUSE, MIDDLETON TOWER HOLIDAY CAMP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071770 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 23:04:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
YE OLDE FARM HOUSE, MIDDLETON TOWER HOLIDAY CAMP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Middleton
National Grid Reference:
SD 41105 58097

Details

SD 45 NW MIDDLETON

7/122 Ye Olde Farm House, Middleton 2.5.1968 Tower Holiday Camp (Formerly isted as Old Farmhouse at Middleton Tower under General)

House, now partly used as bar, late C17th and 1844, altered. Rendered rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys. Main range faces north-east and has a projecting gabled wing. To its right are 3 bays. The left-hand one has a blocked ground-floor window and a rebated and chamfered surround above. The middle bay has rebated and chamfered mullioned windows, of 3 lights on the ground floor and with one mullion remaining on the 1st floor. At the right the ground floor is blank and the 1st floor has a window with plain reveals. Chimney to right of 2nd bay. To the left of the wing are 2 bays. On the ground floor are a large window at the left and a door, both with modern timber surrounds. On the 1st floor the windows have chamfered stone surrounds, the left-hand one being sashed with glazing bars. Chimney on left-hand gable and between bays. The gable wall of the projecting wing has a large 6-light mullioned and transomed window on the ground floor, and a cross window above, both with hoods. Under the apex is a plaque inscribed 'GDS (?) 1844'. At the rear are 3 gabled wings, the left-hand one having a chamfered surround with battlemented lintel inscribed: '1676 IBE'. Interior not fully accessible at time of survey.

Listing NGR: SD4110558097

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182186
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].