OLD HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1071785
Date first listed:
07-Mar-1985
Statutory Address:
OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, 5 AND 7, LITTLEDALE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1071785 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 14:22:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, 5 AND 7, LITTLEDALE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Caton-with-Littledale
National Grid Reference:
SD 54180 64446

Details

SD 56 SW CATON-WITH-LITTLEDALE LITTLEDALE ROAD

5/42 Brookhouse - Nos. 5 & 7 (Old Hall Farmhouse)

- II

House, 1685. Slobbered rubble with stone slate roof. 2 storeys, with continuous drip course over ground and 1st floors. Left-hand part of facade has, on 1st floor, 2 sashed windows with glazing bars in rebated and chamfered surrounds. On the ground floor are 2 windows, the left-hand one fixed with glazing bars with a rebated and chamfered surround. The right-hand one is mullioned of 2 lights and ovolo-moulded. To the right of each window is a doorway, the left-hand one, now glazed to form a window, having a chamfer which continues upwards to form an ogee shape on the lintel. The right-hand doorway is cyma-moulded and has a shaped lintel dated '1685', but with the initials removed. Further right is one bay having sashed windows with glazing bars and plain stone surrounds. At the far right is a further bay having a similar window on the 1st floor and a tripartite window below, sashed with glazing bars and with a plain stone surround and square mullions. Doorway to left has plain stone surround. Chimneys on gables and to left of right-hand bay. Interior said to have exposed main ceiling joists. The house appears to have a plan which is unusual for the area and would merit further investigation.

Listing NGR: SD5418064446

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182115
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/01636/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Charles Satterly. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].