OLD SHAW GREEN FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1072458
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Feb-1984
Statutory Address:
OLD SHAW GREEN FARMHOUSE, DAWBERS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD SHAW GREEN FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072458 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 02:16:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
OLD SHAW GREEN FARMHOUSE, DAWBERS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Chorley (District Authority)
Parish:
Euxton
National Grid Reference:
SD 53483 18371

Details

SD 51 NW EUXTON DAWBERS LANE



4/107 Old Shaw Green Farmhouse 17.4.1967 (Formerly listed as Old Shaw Green) - II

Farmhouse, dated 1703, altered in 1930s, now house. Hand made brick on high chamfered plinth of red sandstone rubble, quoins; stone slate roof with gable copings and kneelers, a 4-flue chimney stack on the ridge, and another chimney at right side wall (part corbelled). Originally L-shaped plan of 3 bays with forward crosswing and gabled stair turret on the right (re-entrant now filled by modern outshut). Two and a half storeys; 1st floor band to front and left gable. Casement windows at ground floor with segmental brick heads; the modern outshut to the left is of compatible style and materials (except stone doorcase) and incorporates over the door a datestone lettered in relief S T D 1703; similar modern single-storey extension at left end. Right side wall has one window on each floor. Rear: wing projects slightly with 2 windows to each floor and one in attic; 1st and 2nd bays have 3 tall windows each floor (one at ground floor altered as door), and at the junction of the bays 2 small fire or cupboard windows on each floor: all the ground floor openings and all the firewindows have segmental brick heads. On roof are 2 modern hipped-roof dormers. Interior: back-to-back inglenook fireplaces with bressummers (that in kitchen now concealed); chamfered beams in 2nd bay, others ovolo-moulded; dog-leg staircase to full height, with string, column newels, turned balusters and moulded handrail; some box-framed partition walls with clamstaff-and-daub infil.

Listing NGR: SD5348318371

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357624
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].