LAUND FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1072801

Date first listed: 30-Nov-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 19-Sep-1996

Statutory Address: LAUND FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO EAST, CRIBDEN LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LAUND FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 12:31:49.

Location

Statutory Address: LAUND FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING TO EAST, CRIBDEN LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Rossendale (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 80325 24375

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RAWTENSTALL

SD 82 SW CRIBDEN LANE

255-/6/179 Laund Farmhouse and attached outbuilding to east 30/11/84

II

Farmhouse and attached outbuilding to east. Mid C18, with later remodelling, outbuilding dated 1863, both parts with C20 alterations. Watershot coursed sandstone, with ashlar dressings to outbuilding, gable chimney to west, ridge chimney at junction of house and outbuilding. Stone slated roof covering to house, and corrugated C20 sheeting to outbuilding. HOUSE: asymmetrical front (north) elevation with off-centre doorway with plain surround to left, within bay with ragged vertical masonry joint indicating partial rebuilding or enlargement. 2-light chamfer mullioned windows to left, the mullions slightly recessed, that to the ground floor beneath a plain drip mould. To the right, stepped triple light flush mullioned windows, that to the ground floor wider, and with a drip mould. Rear (south) wall with central straight joint and partially quoined junction with the outbuilding. Left bay with former 3-light ground floor window, now with single plain mullion, and a blocked light. 2-light window above, and further 2-light opening to right bay, above combined door and window opening now enclosed by late C20 flat-roofed extension. All joinery of late C20 date. INTERIOR much remodelled, and mainly of late C20 date. OUTBUILDING: linear plan with small former shippon, now store adjacent to house, with doorway with plain surround and a single window. Further left, off-centre full height cart entry below semi-circular arched head, with vertically boarded double doors set in inner face of opening. To left of arch a stone plaque inscribed 'G & JH. A. D. 1862'. further left, large keyed oculus as pitching eye to overloft. Tall east gable with 3 shippon doorways, each with heavy relieving lintels above door surrounds. Central doorway gave access to feed passage for stalls against each side wall. INTERIOR: Collar and tie beam trusses support triple purlin roof.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 185758

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing