This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

List entry Number: 1072936

Location

CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, DELPH LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Wyre

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Barnacre-with-Bonds

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 09-Jan-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 185404

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BARNACRE-WITH-BONDS DELPH LANE SD 54 NW Church of All Saints 5/17 - - II

Church, 1905 by Austin & Paley. Sandstone rubble with red tile roofs. Comprises a west tower, a nave and chancel under a continuous roof, north transeptal organ chamber with vestry, and a south chapel added in 1937. Tower has diagonal buttresses, a north-east stair turret, and a pyramid roof behind a parapet. The bell openings are each of 2 trefoiled lights under a flat head, with inscriptions over. The west window is of 3 round-headed lights under a pointed head with Perpendicular tracery. The doorway, on the north side, is moulded with a pointed arch. The nave and chancel have windows with flat heads and trefoiled lights. The gable wall of the north transept has a cross window, its lower lights blind. To its right the nave has one window of 3 lights and 2 of 2 lights. On the south side the nave has windows of 3 lights and 2 lights. The chapel has 2 3-light windows. The chapel east window is circular with a central quatrefoil and tracery. The chancel east window is of 4 pointed lights under a pointed head with Perpendicular tracery. Inside, the tower arch is pointed and chamfered in 2 orders. The chancel arch is similar, but the inner order has short attached shafts and capitals as responds. The nave roof has king posts rising from tie beams, with curved braces to the principals and with queen struts. Intermediate trusses have arch-braced collars with king posts. The chancel has a barrel roof with a king-post rising from a tie beam to an arch-braced collar. There is a sedile and piscina. A 2-bay arcade opens into the south chapel. The early C20 glass is said to be by Shrigley and Hunt of Lancaster.

Listing NGR: SD5128446003

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 51284 46003

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1072936 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-May-2018 at 02:44:11.

End of official listing