SOUTHFIELD METHODIST CHURCH AND BARN AT SOUTHFIELD HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1073340
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1968
Statutory Address:
SOUTHFIELD METHODIST CHURCH AND BARN AT SOUTHFIELD HOUSE, SOUTHFIELD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTHFIELD METHODIST CHURCH AND BARN AT SOUTHFIELD HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1073340 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 15:26:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
SOUTHFIELD METHODIST CHURCH AND BARN AT SOUTHFIELD HOUSE, SOUTHFIELD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Pendle (District Authority)
Parish:
Nelson
National Grid Reference:
SD 87836 36858

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/04/2015

SD 83 NE 11/181

NELSON SOUTHFIELD LANE Southfield Methodist Church and barn at Southfield House

(Formerly listed as Barn at Southfield House)

26.1.68

GV II Barn. C18. Rubble, stone slate roof. Central segmental arched entrance with keystone inscribed W&E/Sagan/1797. Four windows on ground floor; the two to the left are of 2-lights. First floor has five Venetian windows with a smaller one over entrance. Plaque to right states J Wesley preached here 18.4.1786. Right hand portion of barn converted to Methodist Chapel circa 1800.

Listing NGR: SD8783636858

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
186343
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Oct 2004
Reference: IOE01/13321/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Marcus Sleightholm. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].