OLD STATION BUNGALOW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1076675

Date first listed: 24-Jan-1992

Statutory Address: OLD STATION BUNGALOW, OLD STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD STATION BUNGALOW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1076675 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 12:13:48.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD STATION BUNGALOW, OLD STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Solihull (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Hampton in Arden

National Grid Reference: SP 20283 81593

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following buildings shall be added to the list;

HAMPTON IN ARDEN OLD STATION ROAD SP 28 SW Old Station Bungalow 15/10000 II GV Railway station house. 1839. For the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway. Red brick, graduated slate roof. 1 storey, 3 bays with small vestibule to left and later wing to front right. Platform side (to rear): plinth; gauged brickwork. Central canted projection with ashlar quoin-strips and 3 tall 12-pane sashes with projecting sills and rubbed-brick flat arches. Former doorway to bay 1 now has casement window whilst bay 3 is covered by a C20 addition. Boxed eaves overhang to hipped roof with end stacks and another stack to right of the canted projection. Entrance front: central door beneath shingled canopy and blocked overlight; large 12-pane sashes beneath segmental brick arches. Later wing has shouldered, external end stack; 12-pane sash to left return; hipped roof. Built at the intersection with the London and Birmingham Railway main line. From 1839-42 this station served as a principal junction between the railway systems of the north and south; it predates the link provided by the Midland Counties Railway Derby-Rugby line (completed July 1840). First station clerk was James Allport who later became General Manager of the Midland Railway from 1853-1880; he was knighted in 1884.

Listing NGR: SP2028381593

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 218359

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing