GRANGE COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1077616

Date first listed: 24-Jul-1954

Statutory Address: GRANGE COURT

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRANGE COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077616 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 10:50:34.

Location

Statutory Address: GRANGE COURT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Leominster

National Grid Reference: SO4991059085

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LEOMINSTER

SO4959 Grange Court 808-1/1/1 24/07/54

GV II*

Town hall, then dwelling, now Council Offices. c1633; by John Abel. Removed as traffic hazard and re-erected on new site 1853. Timber-frame and plaster; stone tile roof with gable, bellcote, and weathervane (dated 1687). EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, attic and cellar; 4-window range: shallow canted oriels with moulded mullions and transoms in decorated cases, on enriched consoles; moulded bressumer on enriched consoles and pilasters, to gable with moulded 6-light mullion and transom window, set in ornamental panels; wood modillion gable pediment. Ground floor originally open, under jetty with boarded soffits and enriched bressumer boards, on timber columns with figurehead brackets and carved arch-braces; entrance to centre left: C19, 8-panel door and plain overlight in oak doorcase with chamfered pilasters; 3 tall, C19 moulded mullion and transom windows with cambered heads and moulded sills. Inscription in Latin and English on frieze over arch-braces. Returned sides: applied chevron- and quarter-bracing; enriched consoles and panel-heads; single oriels, and casements to gables; 2 windows between pillars to ground floor. Rear: C19 stucco and painted brick wing, with 6/6 and altered sashes, casements, and oriels; further brick wing. INTERIOR: exposed moulded ceiling-frame; C19 stone fireplaces. (RCHME: Herefordshire: 115 (5)).

Listing NGR: SO4991059085

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 459469

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Herefordshire III North West, (1934), 115

End of official listing