CHURCH FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1077641

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARM HOUSE, GAYTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1077641 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 09:28:28.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH FARM HOUSE, GAYTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)

Parish: Grimston

National Grid Reference: TF 72116 22096

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GRIMSTON GAYTON ROAD TF 72 SW (east side) 2/33 Church Farm House (formerly 19-10-51 listed as Rectory Farmhouse) GV II Farmhouse, C17 core with later additions. Carstone with brick dressings. Roof rebuilt with renewed pantiles and raised gable parapet. T shaped with lower additions to west of crosswing, 2 storeys and attics. East facade with wide single bay to left, crosswing to right; left bay of roughly coursed galletted carstone, brick capped plinth, brick quoins, south end internal stack; ground floor with late C20 inserted French windows with glazing bars; first floor with one blocked retangular opening and one inserted window with glazing bars to right. Forward wing to right with gable facings east, facing of small carstone; enlarged 2-light casement to ground floor with glazing bars, sash to first floor, both with remains of C17 surround, small 2-light window to attic with pintle hinges, chamfered brick surround and square hood mould. South return with brick capped plinth, lower walls ungalletted, upper walls incorporate some flint; 2 small blocked lights to ground floor, C20 window in C17 surround to first floor left. Right return of crosswing to north, 3 bays; attached porch and loggia lean-to of no special interest; ground floor with late C19 3-light casement; first floor with 3 openings, blocked to left, renewed to centre, double leaded glazed casement with pintle hinges to right. Rear of main range as to east, 2 flush sashes each with glazing bars to upper part, lean-to porch to left of 1985. South return of crosswing with blocked attic window to left, casement with glazing bars to left. West gable of crosswing with attached lower wing in 3 parts. South facade: lower 2 storey single bay attached to crosswing, flint and brick with sawtooth cornice, pantiles, clunch and brick headers to lower facade, C20 3-light casement to ground floor, blocked doorway to left; first floor with flush sash with glazing abrs, blocked attic window to south. Attached lower range of 1½ storeys, 1 bay and older chimney bay; facade of brick headers and varied stone, upper part galletted, corrugated tiles. Chimney bay with vertical join, lower part of carstone, upper part raised of flint and brick headers. Chimney bay gable to south: carstone rubble, steep gable of single storey raised to 1½ storeys, height and pitch of roof subsequently reduced and stack rendered; stone plaque to gable dated 1779.

Listing NGR: TF7211622096

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 221965

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing