ANN CAM'S SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1078518

Date first listed: 17-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: ANN CAM'S SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of ANN CAM'S SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1078518 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 02:35:56.

Location

Statutory Address: ANN CAM'S SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean (District Authority)

Parish: Dymock

National Grid Reference: SO 69842 31371

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DYMOCK THE VILLAGE SO 63 SE (south side)

4/125 Ann Cam's School

GV II

School and former school house, now part of school. 1825 (datestone), enlarged 1883 by Mr. Waller. Ashlar plinth to 1825 part, brick to later; Flemish-bond brickwork, slate roof. Two- storey centre, parallel single-storey wings, 2 bays deep: single- storey extension across centre front. Front symmetrical: slightly projecting gabled centre, double, half-glazed doors up 3 steps under cambered brick arch: either side lower wings, 3-light casement, lean-to roof with hipped ends. Boarded door up 3 steps in each return. Set back earlier gables each side, 3-light, pointed-head window with intersecting timber tracery, plain stone surround. Brick chimney on entrance and left and right returns. First floor, in centre, on line of set-back gables, two 2-light casements, otherwise as gable windows below; datestone between. Pedimented gable above, stone plaque 'ANN CAM'S SCHOOL'. Brick chimney on left return. Intersecting tracery to fanlight over original front door. Forms group with the Old George, Great Wadley and the Old Cottage (q.v.). (The Rev. J. E. Gethyn-Jones, Dymock down the Ages, 1966; D. Verey, Gloucestershire, the Vale and the Forest of Dean, 1970.)

Listing NGR: SO6984231371

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 125943

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Jones, J E G, Dymock down the Ages, (1966)
Verey, D , The Buildings of England: Gloucestershire 2 The Vale and The Forest of Dean, (1970)

End of official listing