2, CAMPDEN HILL SQUARE, W8

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1080742

Date first listed: 07-Nov-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Oct-1997

Statutory Address: 2, CAMPDEN HILL SQUARE, W8

Map

Ordnance survey map of 2, CAMPDEN HILL SQUARE, W8
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1080742 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 01:48:13.

Location

Statutory Address: 2, CAMPDEN HILL SQUARE, W8

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Kensington and Chelsea (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 24903 80291

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2480 SE CAMPDEN HILL SQUARE, W8 (east side)

249/24/84 No.2

GV 7/11/84 II

Terrace house, c1826-8; George Edward Valintine architect, as part of the Camp den Hill Square estate developed by Joshua Flesher Hanson. Stock brick over rendered basement, end stacks, roof obscured by parapets. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and basement. Double-fronted, 4-bay house, the central narrow 2 bays set back, those to either side in square bays with rounded comers. Central bays with narrow windows having margin-light surrounds. The right-hand of these has the door, reached up steps, with 6-panelled door in pilastered surround with rectangular toplight decorated with oval tracery. Band to first floor. Wrought-iron plant boxes with anthemion decoration. INTERIOR: not inspected. No.2 is a mirror image (minus the portico) of No.52 on the opposite side of the square. Hanson was himself the first occupant of No.2, between 1828 and 1831. Formerly listed in error as No.8 Camp den Hill Square. (Source: Survey of London: vol XXXVII: 1973: 87-93).

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 203602

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England' in Survey of London, , Vol. 37, (), 87-93

End of official listing