PARSONAGE FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1100834

Date first listed: 26-Jul-1951

Statutory Address: PARSONAGE FARM HOUSE, TOWNFIELD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARSONAGE FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1100834 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 00:20:40.

Location

Statutory Address: PARSONAGE FARM HOUSE, TOWNFIELD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: Three Rivers (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TQ 05450 94577

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 09 SE RICKMANSWORTH TOWNFIELD (North side) Rickmansworth 9/239 Parsonage Farm House 26.7.51

GV II House, now 5 dwellings. C17 extended in C18, altered C20. Timber frame, extended in brick. Whitewashed and roughcast. Tiled roofs. Originally probably a 3 by 2 bay L shaped house, extended with a 2nd cross wing and an C18 front range. 2 storeys and attics. 5 bay front. Ground floor projects forward with a central entrance in a pedimented doorcase, panelled pilasters, brackets, semi-circular traceried fanlight. Plinth. Slightly canted outer bays with segmental headed sashes, full height to centre. First floor segmental headed sashes with key blocks, that to centre larger and flanked by pilaster strips with moulded caps. Similar pilaster strips at ends. Oversailing brick courses at eaves. 4 hipped dormers. End stacks. 2 bay left return with a sash and casements, plat band. Right return has lean-to with entrance leading to earlier rear range which extends further to both ends. Scattered fenestration, sashes and casements. Entrance in right gable end. Brick base, exposed plates and purlins. Ridge stack, probably external originally, rebuilt with corbelled out triangular projections and a moulded cap. Rear has an external stack with offsets. Gable of original cross wing which extended into what is now C18 front range is to left of centre with exposed plates and purlins. To rear right later cross wing extends with a lower ridge, ground floor brick, rendered and roughcast above. External end stack with offsets. A further 1 storey brick dairy outshut to rear with a half-hipped roof. Returning behind house a weatherboarded range. Interior: on original outer wall to which C18 block was added a C17 3 light ovolo moulded timber mullioned window frame. Queen struts to collars clasping purlins, curved windbraces. (RCHM 1910: Pevsner 1977).

Listing NGR: TQ0545094577

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 158883

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Cherry, B, The Buildings of England: Hertfordshire, (1977)
Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Hertfordshire, (1910)

End of official listing