THE LION INN OPPOSITE JUNCTION WITH EASTWICK HALL LANE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1101268

Date first listed: 19-Sep-1984

Statutory Address: THE LION INN OPPOSITE JUNCTION WITH EASTWICK HALL LANE, EASTWICK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE LION INN OPPOSITE JUNCTION WITH EASTWICK HALL LANE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101268 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 22:44:03.

Location

Statutory Address: THE LION INN OPPOSITE JUNCTION WITH EASTWICK HALL LANE, EASTWICK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: East Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Eastwick

National Grid Reference: TL 43490 11742

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4311 EASTWICK EASTWICK ROAD (east side) Eastwick village

10/7 The Lion Inn opposite junction with - Eastwick Hall Lane

GV II

House, now a P H. '1852' on quatrefoil datestone. For John Hodgson of Gilston Park to model design for middle-sized farmhouses used on his estate, possibly designed by P C Hardwick. Tall, red brick, 2 storeys, large, Gothic, former estate farmhouse facing W, already an inn in 1914. Built as new farmhouse of Green Man Farm, the farm buildings of which were rebuilt on the site to S by the Gilston Estate at the same period (of Eastwick Hall Farm c1855). Steep blue slate roofs,moulded bargeboards with octagonal moulded pendants and wide verge overhangs. Front has projecting cross wing on left hand and double-pile range on right. Gabled, single storey, projecting brick porch in angle, with gauged brick ogee arch over entrance, heavy moulded bargeboard with pendant and steep slate roof. 3- light windows under flat gauged arches, 2-light over porch. Transomed windows on Ground floor. An impressive red brick mid C19 Gothic estate farmhouse, little altered. Part of group of similar contemporary estate buildings in village centre.

Listing NGR: TL4349011742

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 159892

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing