MONUMENT TO WARREN SILCOCKS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL TO THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1101467
Date first listed:
07-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO WARREN SILCOCKS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL TO THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO WARREN SILCOCKS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL TO THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1101467 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Aug-2019 at 14:32:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO WARREN SILCOCKS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 7 METRES SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EAST CORNER OF THE CHANCEL TO THE CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Forest of Dean (District Authority)
Parish:
Woolaston
National Grid Reference:
ST 58694 99340

Details

WOOLASTON GENERAL ST 59 NE 10/266 Monument to Warren Silcocks in the churchyard c 7 metres south of the south east corner of the chancel to the Church of St Andrew GV II Pedestal tomb. Mid C18. Sandstone. Flat top with reserved corners to moulded edge, heavy bolstered ends east and west and slightly margined panels north and south. Inscription to Warren Silcocks, 1746; also to the south, Warren Silcocks 1843 with a verse commemorating his life as a blacksmith.

Listing NGR: ST5869499340

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
354609
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Oct 2004
Reference: IOE01/13139/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr John Sheraton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].