K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK ADJACENT TO NUMBER 29 AND OPPOSITE THE BOAR'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1102017
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1989
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Nov-1990
Statutory Address:
K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK ADJACENT TO NUMBER 29 AND OPPOSITE THE BOAR'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, MARKET HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK ADJACENT TO NUMBER 29 AND OPPOSITE THE BOAR'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102017.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2019 at 14:49:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
K6 TELEPHONE KIOSK ADJACENT TO NUMBER 29 AND OPPOSITE THE BOAR'S HEAD PUBLIC HOUSE, MARKET HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Royston
National Grid Reference:
TL 35736 40471

Details

In the entry for:-

1/1027 MARKET HILL (west side) K6 Telephone Kiosk adjoining the Coach and Horses Public House The address shall be amended to read:- MARKET PLACE

K6 Telephone kiosk adjacent to No 29 and opposite the Boar's Head Public House

------------------------------------

1. 5255 MARKET HILL (west side) TL 3540 SP 1/1027 K6 Telephone Kiosk adjoining The Coach and Horses PH.

II GV Telephone kiosk. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by various contractors. Cast iron. Square kiosk with domed roof. Unperforated crowns to top panels and margin glazing to windows and door.

Listing NGR: TL3573640471

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
161832
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 May 2000
Reference: IOE01/02393/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr L.W. Smith. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].