HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1102641

Date first listed: 09-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 29-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1102641 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 06:59:06.

Location

Statutory Address: HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hertfordshire

District: North Hertfordshire (District Authority)

Parish: Sandon

National Grid Reference: TL 34157 32746

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SANDON HYDE HALL TL 33 SW 7/63 Hyde Hall Farm House 9.6.52 (formerly listed as Hyde Hall) GV II House. C18 rebuilding of a larger house of c.1560 built for W. Hyde. Stock brick with some early red brick and timber framing. Tiled roof. Almost symmetrical 2:3:2 facade probably reflects earlier hall and cross wings arrangement. 2 storeys. Ground floor: entrances in bays flanking centre, that to left has a C20 doorcase with reeded pilasters and a dentilled hood with a panelled door, that to right has a plain reveal with a segmental head. To centre a large 5 light casement, 2 glazing bar sashes to left in shallow reveals, to right 3 and 2 light casements, all with segmental heads. First floor flush frame casements, leaded lights, 5 lights to centre, otherwise 2 lights. Internal stack at right end. Left end hipped with a wing, possibly of early construction, extending to rear with a slightly taller ridge. External stack on 2 bay left return with a straight joint between bays, towards rear a ground floor tripartite sash, first floor sash, flush frames. Right gable end is English bond red brick, oversailing courses to steeply pitched gable. To rear: wing to right has an internal end stack to gable end, an entrance with an open timber porch. Gabled dormer in catslide roof over outshut to inner elevation with a 2 light segmental headed casement. Some early red brick to rear of main range, entrance to right, scattered casements, lean-to outshut to centre. Projecting to left of centre a 2 storey and attic gabled wing, 3 light casements, gauged brick flat arched heads on ground floor, segmental heads on first floor and to 2 light attic case- ment. (East Hertfordshire Archaeological Society Transactions, 1905, vol.3, pt.1, p.36: VCH 1912: RCHM Typescript).

Listing NGR: TL3415732746

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 162386

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Doubleday, A, The Victoria History of the County of Hertford, (1912)
'Transactions of the East Hertfordshire Archaeological Society' in Transactions of the East Hertfordshire Archaeological Society, , Vol. 3, (1905), 36

End of official listing