This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CROSSTREE PLINTH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CROSSTREE PLINTH

List entry Number: 1106006

Location

CROSSTREE PLINTH

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: South Tawton

National Park: DARTMOOR

Grade: II

Date first listed: 04-Mar-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 95026

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 69 SE SOUTH TAWTON SOUTH TAWTON

4/226 Crosstree Plinth

GV II

Plinth built around the old village elm, replaced by an oak sapling in 1984. Dated 1863, erected at the expense of H.A. Hoare. Coursed blocks of granite ashlar. Square in plan the walls rise vertically and step in at the top. On the south side there is a shallow recess containing a granite bench, which according to a plaque above was put there in 1953 to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. The north and west sides are blind although there is a granite trough against the west side. The south side once had a tap set in an ornate cast iron frame (somewhat like a Victorian fireplace grate). The plate filling the round-arch has embossed lettering recording the erection of the plinth by H.A. Hoare Esq, of Oxenham, July 24th 1863.

Listing NGR: SX6531794429

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SX 65302 94438

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106006 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2017 at 02:49:02.

End of official listing